Wizkid’s UK Interview Goes Viral For the Wrong Reasons

Image result for Wizkid

Nigerian superstar, Wizkid Ayo is back in the spotlight not only after making this year’s top 10 most paid African musicians, but after giving one of his most controversial interviews to date. Wizkid has been accused of lying after he spoke to DJ Semtex, an English radio presenter on BBC Radio 1Xtra. 

While on the station, Wizkid spoke about his influences, his early career (including that verse on MI Abaga's "Talk About It" and his emergence as a leading African musician. 

However, it’s these quotes below that have drawn some ire from Nigerian followers: 

“Big shout to my Naija people. I love them too much. That’s why I do a lot back home. Sometimes I do free shows. I just pull up and say ‘Hey, Wizkid, free show.’ Sometimes I charge like a dollar for a show, sometimes I take like N1000, sometimes when I do shows at the Fela shrine, back with Femi (Kuti) and all that.” 

According to people in Nigeria, Wizkid has not performed a free show in his homeland since way back in 2013. On top of that, they claim that he charges a minimum of N5000 for a show and even that is considered “cheap”. 

When he was accused of “Lying” however, Wizkid snapped back and said: 

Whose side of the story do you believe?

Share on Google Plus

About W-star

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: